Life in Omaha (in Scottsdale)

daily existence away from chicago

Blogroll Me!

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

This kid cracks me up

I am at the desk, trying to work. Ciela is sitting across the room from me. Next to her is the cable that links my modem to the cable outlet. She knows ( I think) not to play with this cable, but lifts it up in the air and looks at me. I shake my head and say, "no, no, no." Without taking her eyes off of mine, she slowly lowers it down then lifts her hand up in the air. I smile,nod my head and say "yes, good." Then again without taking her eyes off of mine, she slowly moves her hand down to the cable and lifts it up, waiting for me to say no. Then she lowers it down. With the intensity of a young post-doc in the laboratory, she raises and lowers the cord, noting the effect it has on her father: demonstrable, repeatable results. Repeatable that is until I break down laughing. Then she smiles, knowing she's one-upped the daddy, taught him a new joke.

2 Comments:

At 3:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very few things as much fun and as memorable as when you are being properly trained by the little one. Looking forward to seeing your family again soon.

BD

 
At 5:41 AM, Blogger jo(e) said...

Just wait until she is a teenager ....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here