Life in Omaha (in Scottsdale)

daily existence away from chicago

Blogroll Me!

Saturday, November 13, 2004

Rhetoric and identities

Let me just say something quickly about identities and the tone of postings. Life in Omaha isn't exactly a public blog. Those of you reading can pretty much count on the majority of people posting are either friends or relatives of mine. I certainly don't care if you use your real names or not though props to Bryan signing his name to such views. I certainly would never admit I voted for Bush, and I perfectly understand Tater being ashamed to own up to his vote : ). However, please be aware that when you come out with both guns blazing against a comment, you could be calling my dear, sainted grandmother a bitch.

addendum: I noticed that the above could be construed as directed toward the right-leaning commenters. Be assured, it was a bi-partisan comment.

5 Comments:

At 9:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I laughed aloud at this. Glad to see, Scott, that you haven't lost your sense of humor.

 
At 9:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, Scott, I promise to behave. Are you printing this all out and archiving it for Ciela? I wonder what she'll think someday when she reads this all.

 
At 2:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scott, you know darn well Ceila is going to grow up to be the first chairwoman of the RNC. They always rebel against their parents...
-XXOO Tater Salad (aka Dan Cutler)

 
At 1:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

While I've taken on this anonymous ranting persona, I'm really a calm and gentle guy. Ask anyone who knows me! But through my rhetoric has bled the energy of my political fury, despite all my desperate efforts at calm deliberation and decorum. I think I'll try to pay closer attention to this, since you ask, but if your dear old grandmother posts any of that stupefying Republican crap she gets it too. This is serious! (I wonder if Tater Dan is really who he says he is. I'm picturing a little blue-haired lady with a sneering elephant tattooed on her upper arm and shoulder holster hidden under her worn flower-printed house dress, cursing the damn liberals as she drops her teeth into a mug.)

 
At 3:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scott, I was just wondering who is the adorable boy on the Happy Jack blog. I noticed his head is perfectly proportioned to his body. Have you ever seen such a perfect sized head?

Sorry to take a break from the fascinating exchanges of political opinions. I just had to comment on his HEAD.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here