Life in Omaha (in Scottsdale)

daily existence away from chicago

Blogroll Me!

Wednesday, November 10, 2004

We get letters

You guys have made reading my own blog enjoyable.

Note to other visitors: If you aren't reading the comments to Black Day and Recent Posts, you are missing out on a enjoyable give and take between a bunch of people in masks.

Apparently I have right wing friends--or at least one--that goes by the name Tater Salad. B. Denham has never been shy about his rightist leanings, but if anyone can make the claim of a compassionate conservative it would be him. I have no clue who Tater Salad is. Unless Ron White is actually reading my blog.

And who do I know that went to London over the summer? And who likes Shakespeare that much? And cares what I think about them to the point they won't reveal their names so they can speak more freely? And can write that well? Should I be embarrassed that I'm the worst writer on my own blog?

----

Yesterday, I killed a bird driving into work. My laptop computer--my second child--has collapsed and been evacuated to a hospital in Omaha. Status uncertain and expected not to rejoin combat operations. A colleague passed on the correlation between average state IQ and voting tendency for the recent election. 17 of the top 20 states went for Kerry (Nebraska came in at 29, KY at 37, and IL at 9). I forgot to eat lunch. The auspicious omens are piling up.

But Ashcroft resigned.

Could he possibly find someone worse? I bet he tries.

---

A thousand cranes to B.D. jo(e), nanny mouse, the Tater and all the brands of anonymous that kept the blog interesting for the last few days. At this rate, life in omaha will be more entertaining than my contemporary fiction class.

5 Comments:

At 3:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You killed a bird on your way to work? Stopped the truck, grabbed the gun off the rack, and shot some kind of pesky bird?

Well, this explains how you've got friends on the right.

 
At 4:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scott, the Democrats revealed yesterday that the only demographics which they led during this election cycle were High School Dropouts and people with Post Graduate degrees. Makes you wonder. - Tater S.

 
At 6:23 PM, Blogger Not Scott said...

Which only goes to show that the truly intelligent people--those smart enough to totally run the system or realize that the whole enterprise is a crock of shit and drop out--voted for Kerry. All the other drones voted for Bush.

 
At 4:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nicely done !

 
At 4:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was me. Tater

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here