Life in Omaha (in Scottsdale)

daily existence away from chicago

Blogroll Me!

Saturday, April 01, 2006

Welcome Back

I haven't blogged because I haven't cared.

Nah, I've just been living a life and not particularly inspired to tell anyone about it. How often do you want to read about something Ciela did or what we managed to scrounge up for dinner, or what colors we plan to paint the townhouse?

How 'bout one more time?

We're looking at a remarkably similar color scheme from the house in Omaha--which very few of you ever saw, but I'll forgive you for not visiting. Yellow downstairs with perhaps one purple wall to match our furniture. Brown and cream in Ciela's room--to match her leopard skin rug. Blue and cream in our bedroom--to go with the curtains, shams, and duvet that Judy sewed. Everything else remains the same neutral color (unless we do something with the stairwell.

We've been eating a winter stew with carrots, potatoes, celery and onions from the Phoenix Public Market.

And Ciela fell asleep in her bike seat, head bouncing off her mother's back for the 40 minute bike ride over to our new townhouse and then across the canal and around the golf course. We had a nice little ride.

(Wait. Did he just write "we"?)

Yes, yes, yes. I'm back on two wheels.

My friend Bike Boy and I drove down to Tuscon for the big Bike Swap and I bought a mountain bike and a road bike. We took the latter out for a spin this afternoon. It's nice to be back in the saddle--literally.

I'll post pictures later, but we scored a pretty good deal with the mountain bike, and the road bike isn't perfect, but I was getting tired of looking and not buying. I don't want my life to be a continual shopping experience. This was the right price and close enough to what I want for now. It's my transition bike until I can justify spending more for something faster, stronger and sleeker.

So thanks Mom and Dad. It took until nearly Easter, but Christmas finally came.

4 Comments:

At 5:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I, for one, look forward to your blog. This is how I find out what is going on since I don't call.
Dad.

 
At 8:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you are rolling again. Would you like a nice bike lock(s) for a housewarming gift?

BD

 
At 10:05 PM, Blogger Not Scott said...

Actually, I'm thinking of digging a basement to house them. Currently, they are occupying the guest room as they are more important than any friends or relatives.

 
At 9:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Knowing many of your friends and relatives, I feel you are damning your new steeds with faint praise.

BD

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here