Life in Omaha (in Scottsdale)

daily existence away from chicago

Blogroll Me!

Thursday, March 16, 2006

iTunes as Oracle

As usual, I rely on Scrivener to keep me from working. Here's meme from his site.

Go to your music player of choice and put it on shuffle. Say the following questions aloud, and press play. Use the song title as the answer to the question. NO CHEATING.

How does the world see you?
"Wave" by Alejandro Escovedo
[as in "see you later, sucker"?]

Will I have a happy life?
"Pensacola" by Soul Coughing
[okay, this makes no sense. My iTunes is not very prophetic]

What do my friends really think of me?
"Flatness" by Uncle Tupelo
[a man who needs a little spice]

Do people secretly lust after me?:
"Eating Cake" by Dhamba 8
[I'm not sure how to interpret this, but it sounds positive]

How can I make myself happy?
"Wake Up" by XTC
[yes, I am generally a happy person--even in the morning]

What should I do with my life?
"Find My Baby" by Moby
[check. next item]

Will I ever have children?
"Six Different Ways" by The Cure
[oh dear god, no. Although, Ciela is definitely a girl of multiple personalities]

What is some good advice for me?
"Neighborhood" by Punkinhead
[should I move? Did I pick the wrong place to buy? iTunes, you are being too oblique.}

How will I be remembered?
"Born into the World" by Supersystem
[I will be remembered for having been.]

What is my signature dancing song?
"Bye Bye Blackbird" by Rahsaan Roland Kirk
[Well, exactly how do you dance to this?]

What do I think my current theme song is?
"Only a Story" by the Molly's
[I am writing stories these days. Clever iTunes, clever.]

What does everyone else think my current theme song is?
"My Iron Lung" by Radiohead
[Either I don't understand my friends, or iTunes, you don't understand my friends.]

What song will play at my funeral?
"Blind" by Talking Heads
[This would be a good, peppy way to say sayonara.]

What type of men/women do you like?
Men: "Silly Lullaby" by Natasha Richardson (from the Philadelphia Chickens original cast recording)
[iTunes, you reveal too much.]
Women: "Wired" by Big Hat
[I like my women strung out on caffeine...or toddlerhood.]

What is my day going to be like?
"Hard Times" by Boiled in Lead
[seeing the result of Scrivener ("Hard, Ain't It Hard" by Woody Guthrie), I'm wondering if iTunes has it in for us human operators.]

1 Comments:

At 8:33 AM, Blogger Scrivener said...

LOL at the final answer. What is it with iTunes giving out the negative prognostications?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here