Life in Omaha (in Scottsdale)

daily existence away from chicago

Blogroll Me!

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

ABC meme

Because I can't resist, here's my take on the ABC meme as seen at jo(e)'s page

Accent: Slight Southern one that means I pronounce "crayon" as "crown," use "y'all" and "all y'all" to great effect, and I know how to pronounce "Louisville" correctly.

Booze: If we are talking hard liquor, it has to be bourbon (see above), but mostly it's beer and wine: stouts, porters, ales, pinot grigio and shiraz.

Chore I Hate: Cleaning Ciela's high-chair try three times a day, every day.

Dog or Cat: Cat. Cat's don't suck up. I only like that in students.

Essential Electronics: Oh, the laptop. I love it like it was my other offspring.

Favorite Cologne: Good lord, this is a stretch. I have no favorite colognes.

Gold or Silver: Silver--but only because I have to choose.

Hometown: Louisville, KY.

Insomnia: On the occasion. I can't understand why it happens, and it has only happened as of late. I seem to sleep better with more stress.

Job Title: Faculty Associate--a high falutin term for adjunct.

Kids: One and only.

Living arrangements: Me and Judy and Ciela and a snake namned Hamilton all in our cozy townhouse overlooking the Indian Bend Wash.

Most admirable traits: Honest, smart and funny.

Number of sexual partners: Get a life!

Overnight hospital stays: Only one that I remember. Our dearly departed feline put me in overnight for antibiotics when she bit me. I was stopping her from mauling the little kitten next door. I also stayed all night when Ciela was born--but I had that pretty easy.

Phobias: Getting into a fight, even when I can clearly win. I'm pretty much an irrational coward.

Quote: "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Religion: Grew up Roman Catholic but am now militantly anti-religion. The beliefs in mythic stories and poorly edited books continue to wreak havoc on the world. That said, I hope there is a god and my understanding of the world does not stop at the empirical or the material.

Siblings: One sister (hey, TD)

Time I wake up: 6:30 or 7:00am. Ciela would have it no other way.

Unusual talent or skill: I can imitate my dad preparing to wash the car with a precision that is eerie.

Vegetable I love: corn.

Worst habit: Eating in the middle of the night.

X-rays: two or three of my hand when I kept getting injured playing goalkeeper.

Yummy foods I make: Sweet potatoe quesadillas.

Zodiac sign: Gemini--but still lacking my twin self.

2 Comments:

At 5:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you can break the eating habit.
Dad.

 
At 12:12 PM, Blogger jo(e) said...

I wondered if you still had the snake.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here