Life in Omaha (in Scottsdale)

daily existence away from chicago

Blogroll Me!

Thursday, August 11, 2005

Meme Instead of Thought

Never let it be said that I passed up a perfectly good meme. This one seen at Scrivenings.

1a. What is your full name?
Scott Douglas Hermanson

1b. What is your first name?
Scott

1c. Were you named after anyone?
Oh, I'm sure lots of people were named before I was. There must be hundreds, thousands even.

2. What color pants are you wearing?
Khaki shorts.

3a. What are you listening to right now?
Silence right now, but a quick look at the iTunes reveals that...Richard Thompson "You, Me, Us?" was the last album of record.

3b. What is your most embarrassing CD?
Genesis "Invisible Touch." All those other really awful albums are Judy's.

4. What's the last thing you ate?
Leftover risotto w/ carrots and feta, tabouhli in a tortilla, chocolate sorbet.

5. Do you wish on stars?
No.

6. If you were a crayon, what color would you be?
Burnt Sienna.

7. How is the weather right now?
Hot, 94 and high humidity with possible thunderstorm--deep in the heart of the monsoon in other words.

8. Last person you talked to on the phone?
Bicycle who went to the museum with me. BlueCross Blue Shield left me a message on the machine while I was gone.

9. Do you like the person at whose site you saw this?
Oh, yes, quite. He's ever so dreamy.

10. How old are you today?
36.

11. Favorite drink?
Beer--dark ale.

12a. Favorite spectator sport?
Soccer.

12b. Favorite participatory sport?
Soccer.

13. What color are your eyes?
Blue/green

14. Do you wear contacts?
Nope--I'm in perfect eye-health.

15. Siblings?
One younger sister

16. Favorite month?
October

17. Favorite food?
Pasta Arrabiata

18. Last movie you watched?
On DVD, Ray. In the theater...God knows, its been so long. Probably Farenheit 911--opening weekend in Nebraska, good times.

19. Favorite day of the year?
I'm always partial to the day I turn in my final grades--so I have two favorite days of the year. I really, really like the thought of a long break away from teaching and the bureacracy.

20. What do you do to vent anger?
I don't.

21. Summer or winter?
Winter

22. Hugs or kisses?
Do guys have to answer this one?

23. Chocolate or vanilla?
Chocolate

24. Do you like your handwriting?
Nope

25. Red or pink?
What an odd dichotomy. Is this really a lawful pairing? Sign me up for red, but with an asterix for protest.

26. What's the furthest you've been from home?
Southern Italy

27. What did you do last night?
Watched the rest of a Six Feet Under episode, made reservations at a hotel in Payson, read.

28. Living arrangement?
A dull 3 bedroom apartment in a good location.Wife, daughter and python present. And at present one really annoying cricket hiding out in the potted plant that I have to drag into the bathroom so I can get some sleep.

29. When was the last time you cried?
I don't think we are that close yet.

30. What is under your bed?
Empty boxes for stereo equipment.

31. Who is the friend you've had the longest?
Friend from grade school, though I haven't spoken to him in a while. In regular contact: BD, high school friend and now brother-in-law.

32. Favorite smell?
garlic sizzling in oil

33. What are you afraid of?
That they are right, and I really am going to hell.

34. Popcorn - plain, buttered, or salted?
buttered and salted.

35. Favorite car?
bicycle (didn't I answer this at some point already?)

38. Can you juggle?
Yes

39. Favorite day of the week?
Friday.

40. What did you do on your last birthday?
Bought flower pots, had the car washed, played golf. Coincidently, that was also father's day.

41. How many states have you lived in?
Five.

42. How many cities have you lived in?
Seven

43. How many countries have you lived in?
One.

44. What was the first car you had?
1978 Honda Prelude, with sun-roof. A great car for driving down Michigan avenue when the Bulls when championships.

45. Where were you born?
Louisville, KY.

46. If you were another person, would you be friends with you?
Yes. I find myself fascinating. (Didn't I say this before?)

47. Do you have a journal?
Sort of: I have a blog. I have an extended letter that I am writing to my daughter. That's written in a journal. I have a small book where I pretend to write songs. I always have a blank book for writing down notes--at lectures, while reading, while bored at the drs office.

48. Do you use sarcasm a lot?
Not nearly enough.

49. What are your nicknames?
Hoss.

50. Would you bungee jump?
Sure, but like Scriv, I most likely wouldn't pay to do it.

51. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off?
Most of the time.

52. Do you think that you are strong?
No.

53. What is your favorite ice cream flavor?
Stracciatella gelato.

54. Shoe Size?
9

55. What is your least favorite thing about yourself?
We aren't that close yet.

56. The first thing you notice about the opposite sex?
Face.

57. Rolling Stones or Beatles?
The Beatles. (Though can we get a more recent representative division. R.E.M or the Replacements? The Replacements.

58. Do you have a special talent?
I can play goalie.

51. What is your ring tone?
Some sort of electronic rave thing that sounds cool to me but is probably completely unhip.

1 Comments:

At 9:47 AM, Blogger Scrivener said...

Thanks, I think you're cute too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here