Life in Omaha (in Scottsdale)

daily existence away from chicago

Blogroll Me!

Thursday, January 12, 2006

The Latest Work


The Latest Work
Originally uploaded by shermans.



This is how I spent my winter vacation. My parents have always liked a painting I did for Judy back when I was just out of college. I tried once before, but that one never went over. So this time, I tried to duplicate the mood and aesthetic of the first painting while not repeating myself. They say they like it, but then again, they said that about the first one, and that one is hanging in their closet. It's the adult version of hoping my parents will put my drawing on the refridgerator door.

3 Comments:

At 6:38 AM, Blogger jo(e) said...

Hey, I really like this.

(Sorry to sound so surprised. It is not at all what I would have imagined.)

Tell your parents if that if they don't like it, they can send it to me.

 
At 6:55 AM, Blogger Not Scott said...

Jo(e),

Glad you liked it. I do live in a bubble of polite relatives and charming guests who would say nothing less. I'm never sure if they are as interesting (I was going to write good, but not sure if that was presumptuous) as I think they are.

 
At 6:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We do love it. And the first one was moved out of the closet months ago. It is now diplayed in an artsey way. On the floor leaning against the wall next to my bed.

Dad.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here