Life in Omaha (in Scottsdale)

daily existence away from chicago

Blogroll Me!

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

What we left. What we've got.




No Cold. No Snow. No Relatives. No Turkey or anything with Velveeta or Cheez Whiz. No Tree. No Fire. No Midnight Mass. No bourbon. No punch. No distant cousins. No party (after 13 straight years).

The view out of the rear-view contains much.

We miss people all the time, but December reminds us that we are very far away from all of you. We hope you all had a good holiday season in your frigid climates, huddled by the coal-burning stove, reading by candlelight. We thought of you as we wandered the hidden valleys of South Mountain, clad in shorts and t-shirts, looking forward to a quick dip in the pool before we settled in for Christmas Eve dinner.

We wish you all the best in the New Year.



Scott, Judy and Ciela

6 Comments:

At 5:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK,

I can deal with a late Christmas card, and no snow and no Velveeta are tolerable. But no bourbon over Christmas? What kind of savages are you people?

Wishing you a rapid escape from your current hell,

BD

 
At 7:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I missed you. I am really looking forward to your visit.

 
At 7:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The excellent and handsome family photo and the gorgeous picture of Ciela more than make up for the lateness...but where's the Ciela picture for my fridge at Christmas. The "snow baby" story is fantastic...she is one magical kid.

Happy Merry etc. Bridget and Jeff

 
At 8:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Miss you more than I can put into words. So I didn't try putting it into words.

Ciela is gorgeous--and you guys aren't half bad either.

Dana is more than hectic; it's like, have you ever seen "Titanic"?
I'm one of those guys shoveling coal while the ship is sinking. The files of people to fill your position make it clear that there's only one Scott out there.

Connie and I are great but exhausted. I did Felix in "My Three Angels," the part played by Leo G. Carroll in the movie "We're No Angels.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you guys.

Paul

 
At 11:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm going to spend some quality Zen time dealing with that whole Koan "An athelete trapped in an intellectual" thingy. Not to mention the "musician" comment.

Surely they sell Bourbon out west. If not, buy whiskey, add cinnamon.

Happy Merry,

Michael Main

 
At 8:23 AM, Blogger Not Scott said...

BD, Michael and $sh, There is plenty of bourbon in AZ. In fact, plenty sits in my cabinet as I write. I just chose not to imbibe this year. In KY, I can't resist temptation.

We also have evergreens, but this photo was taken in front of the genus plastica. The tree was at the local park during their festival of lights. The photo of Ciela in the caboose was also taken there.

We elected not to have a tree in our small apartment with curious child.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here