Life in Omaha (in Scottsdale)

daily existence away from chicago

Blogroll Me!

Monday, August 22, 2005

Encounter w/ Bureacracy

I'm home after a 1.5 hour ordeal of heat and traffic to go to human resources for payroll and verification. Instead, I was given a package to fill out and return--return! like I strolled over from across the block and didn't just drive 40 minutes with a cranky 1 year old--because no one told me I would need something more than a driver's license to get put into the system. This oversight also meant that I could not go to parking services to get a parking decal or bus pass. Which also meant that i could not park anywhere near my office (which is not really an office, but half a desk in a room with 6 other people).

All this is compounded by ASU neglecting to get me a contract until tuesday of last week, leaving me today or early tomorrow to fill out all my paperwork, get an id, get parking/bus pass, and open a computer account.

Frickin' paper pushers.

1 Comments:

At 6:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, pal, you want an adjunct teaching position or not? We could pull over every other car on the Interstate and find English professors like you inside, so shut your yap and fill out your papers, and if you don't like the heat move to Oregon, where there's other saps like yourself hanging out of the trees. We got a business to run here.
Sincerely,
The Administration of Arizona State University

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here