Life in Omaha (in Scottsdale)

daily existence away from chicago

Blogroll Me!

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

What Book am I

as seen at Scrivenings




You're Love in the Time of Cholera!

by Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Like Odysseus in a work of Homer, you demonstrate undying loyalty by
sleeping with as many people as you possibly can. But in your heart you never give
consent! This creates a strange quandary of what love really means to you. On the
one hand, you've loved the same person your whole life, but on the other, your actions
barely speak to this fact. Whatever you do, stick to bottled water. The other stuff
could get you killed.



Take the Book Quiz
at the Blue Pyramid.



Well, I won't speak to the infidelity aspect, but this book did send my head spinning when I read it in college. One of the few books I ever bought just because of the title. I recall that I had no idea who Marquez was at the time. I just loved the romantic desperation in those six words. For my overly dramatic sense of self, it seemed especially tragic and poetic. The book turned out to be so much more than that. I'm satisfied with this choice.

2 Comments:

At 8:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

For my book I was Lion, Witch, and the Wardrobe (which I loved as a kid) and for the animal I was a tiger - both very fitting, I guess. But my country was Fiji (I am fun and I do love the sun, so not too bad) and my state Nevada. (Nevada?!)

 
At 8:15 AM, Blogger Not Scott said...

In case anyone was wondering, I was a jackalope for the animal and Missouri for the state. Missouri?

Dr. K, glad to know that you are singing to the waters, and especially glad to know that you are doing it in a state very far away from me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here