Life in Omaha (in Scottsdale)

daily existence away from chicago

Blogroll Me!

Tuesday, August 10, 2004

Monster iStudioLink

Penny for penny, the best accessory I've ever purchased for my mac was the Monster iStudioLink cable to plug my electric guitar into the computer. I've been playing until my fingers bleed. Well, no, actually I've been playing at night whenever I can find the time. But with the amazing effects that GarageBand has, I can process the notes through compression, phaser, distortion, and a whole bunch of other crap that I have no idea what it means but it sounds fricken' awesome. The only thing that doesn't rock exceptionally well is I have to play it through those tiny, tiny mac speakers instead of a big ol' amp. This prevents me from really annoying Judy.

Tonight, I was the Edge, playing U2 songs for about an hour. An added benefit to the software was the realization that the Edge really can't play guitar all that well. He's just got a lot of cool electronics. (I know plenty of people already knew this, but I'm really musically illiterate, so it takes me awhile.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here