Life in Omaha (in Scottsdale)

daily existence away from chicago

Blogroll Me!

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Good Bye for Now

Regular readers of LiO(iS) should note that we've corrected a grievous error regarding a local Scottsdale civic group. The Scottsdale Jaycees are not a French-hating organization after all.

The exchange between me and the president of the Scottsdale Jaycees--perfectly civil, I should point out--has caused me to reconsider the nature of the blog. I never had any concerns about putting my full name on this blog. I assumed I would be perfectly willing to back up anything I wrote, and I certainly would not publish anything compromising or private.

However, I never intended for the blog to be a public representation of myself or my family. It was always meant as an extended letter home, not as a public platform for my ideas. But with my name on the byline, as it were, and Blogger being a completely public forum, it has become that. LiO(iS) is now untenable in its current form.

Hence, Life in Omaha (in Scottsdale) will cease publication with this entry.

I will be creating a new blog in the near future, which will be written anonymously. Those of you interested can email me, and I will happily give you the new address. The content will still be the same--erratic postings, pictures of the kid, rantings that will still be only mildly amusing--but these will lack the signature at the bottom. As soon as I come up with a good psuedonym, I'll be up and running. Until then,

Ciao, au revoir and good bye.

3 Comments:

At 6:23 PM, Blogger jo(e) said...

Do we get to vote on an appropriate pseudonym?

 
At 7:08 PM, Blogger Not Scott said...

Nope. This blog's a dictatorship. Besides, I don't want to risk getting some postmodern identity that includes paranthetical letters and no regard toward conventional spelling.

 
At 7:26 AM, Blogger Scrivener said...

What's so great about conventional spelling?

Make sure to drop me a line with the new address, k?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here