Life in Omaha (in Scottsdale)

daily existence away from chicago

Blogroll Me!

Saturday, January 22, 2005

top five

Ciela got the Griffin iMic for our eMac so she could record her voice along with my guitar playing. We collaborate on songs—think Lennon/McCartney, Lieber /Stoller, Jagger/Richards, etc.

Along with the iMic came a handy little piece of software that very easily allows one to convert vinyl and cassettes to digital files and import them into iTunes. For the last couple of weeks, I’ve been running off material and stocking my iTunes library with tracks from college through my years at WEFT-FM where I must have dubbed half the library.

In that spirit, I offer my top five albums that I never seem to get tired of listening to. These five might not be the same five best albums, but if I had to do the whole desert island, they’d be the ones I take.

(in no particular order)

Poi Dog Pondering, Volo Volo
The Waco Brothers, Cowboy in Flames
Radiohead, The Bends
Over the Rhine, Good Dog, Bad Dog
Joe Jackson, Live 1980-86

The Runner-ups
Ani DiFranco, Living in Clip
Andrew Bird’s Bowl of Fire, The Swimming Hour
Dhamba 8 Peasants, Fools and Kings
Wilco, Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
Liz Phair, Exile in Guyville

And speaking of which, I just bought tickets to see Ani DiFranco with Andrew Bird opening in Lincoln. Perhaps they both move up by the end of February.

1 Comments:

At 9:38 PM, Blogger Tunji said...

You make an old Dhamba-ite smile.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here